Our CR Guiding Principles
Our CR Guiding Principles describe what we stand for, and how we operate across our global communities.
Principal 1: We believe that we should lead the wine industry in corporate social responsibility, and this defines how we operate across our value chain
- Across the value chain, the decisions we make in the course of running our business consider environmental and social implications.
- We assess these implications and their effects on our key stakeholder groups including our growers, suppliers, our operations, customers and consumers, and we take a balanced approach.
- We track and report this information, authentically & transparently. We communicate it regularly as part of our business reporting (that means the good with the bad).
- We take an active role in shaping our industry to move it forward.
Principle 2: We protect and enhance the people and places around us, creating a well and connected community
- We are a company comprised of many communities. We want them to be well, and socially connected.
- The responsible consumption of our products enhance social connection.
- We do not support the abuse of our product in any market in which we operate. We take on this tough task and we work tirelessly to educate and inform our consumers of this. We’re in it for the long term.
- We care about and value our people. We want a safe, inspired and informed group of people working with us.
Principle 3: We use as little as we need, as efficiently as we can
- As custodians of our lands, we look to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate.
- We know that energy and water are limited resources and we will use them as efficiently as we can.
- We are continuing to maintain our focus on reducing the carbon emissions from across our value chain.
- Through design and education, we support making our packaging the most recoverable it can be.
- We don’t want any waste, anywhere.